Justification of the name - Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
NWFP has been renamed Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.In my opinion ,the new name Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is fine. The reasons are;
1) Pakhtunkhwa just for North Pakhtunkhwa [NWFP] would have been unjustified.Pakhtunkhwa has much larger geographical jurisdiction than what is it perceived to be by common people.
2) The name Khyber Pakhtunkhwa paves the way for renaming the Pakhtun belt of Balochistan as well as FATA. I think If we call the South Pakhtunkhwa as Bolan Pakhtunkhwa and FATA as Qabaili Pakhtunkhwa,it will be justified. They have a meaning now being parts of Pakistan and even in future even if the Pakhtunkhwa becomes a separate state, these names will make sense.
3) However it is debatable whether FATA [Central Pakhtunkhwa] should be merged with Pakistan or not. In my opinion if it is merged it will give Pakhtuns more strength to get their freedom in the future. Also it will no more be a proxy land of Islamabad to be used against Afghanistan. Atleast if it is under a Pakhtun CM ,it will not be used as efficiently against Afghanistan as it is being used now.
4) I think the next demand should be to have a separate province for South Pakhtunkhwa - the Pashtun belt of Balochistan.
5) ANP should also support Seraikis for a separate province with the condition that they do not claim Attock and Mianwali as part of it.
6) If FATA Pakhtuns agree then we can demand a separate province [preferable] or merger [less likely] for Qabaili Pakhtunkhwa.
7) The final equation for Pakhtunkhwa becomes:
Pakhtunkhwa = Khyber Pakhtunkhwa+ Bolan Pakhtunkhwa+ Qabaili Pakhtunkhwa
8) One of the arguments against change of names could be calling it North, South, Central Pakhtunkhwa.But I think historic names have more relevance and are more appealing to people then geographical directions. At the end of the day all these names [Khyber,Bolan,Qabaili] are used by Pakhtuns [or atleast proper nouns specific to Pakhtun land] and hence better than geographical directions.